Thursday, August 30, 2007

Pura Vida


The day after Charlie and Jimmy arrived, we walked into Mal Pais (techniqually we stayed in an area between Santa Teresa and Mal Pais).


There was beauty in things both big and small. This little guy caught my eye while we were walking into Mal Pais looking for monkeys.


Everywhere we looked we saw iguanas. Some were really bright green and others, like this large fellow, blended into to their environment a bit better.


I really wanted to get some photos of Charlie and Jimmy surfing. Unfortuantely, the first day I went to do so I wandered into a part of the beach where a small river emptied into the ocean. The river brought a lot of large pieces wood with it. So, as I was looking intently out at the waves, a huge log bowled me over and I went completely under water. I jerked my arm up just quickly enough to keep my camera and lens from getting submerged with me. After that, I shot very little.

No comments: